Boiled Peanuts, Steamed Peanuts, Braised Peanuts
Whatever you call them - braised, steamed, or boiled peanuts, this ancient food is beloved wherever raw groundnuts are available. It's often said that boiled pea-nuts are an acquired taste. We disagree. Most people either love, or hate boiled goober peas with their first taste. How can this simple food be so polarizing? The expectations of the first time boiled peanut taster typically determines their initial response. Children tend to react more positively when first tasting boiled pea-nuts than adults.
Boiled pea-nuts have a unique taste, and texture, not crunchy like roasted, yet tasting like peanuts. This may confuse, or delight the first time taster. Boiled pea-nuts are a comfort food for millions of people around the world.
Here at Boiled Peanut World, we aspire to tell you everything you want to know about peanuts, and boiling peanuts. Learn where to buy peanuts, how to boil them, how they grow, their origin, history, festivals, heroes, nutrition, and more. You can enjoy this fabulous snack wherever you are. Learn everything you want to know about peanuts here. If you don't find the information you need, please ask your question in the comment areas. We welcome questions, and comments!
Whether you first ate boiled pea-nuts in Algeria, Australia, Brazil, China, Ghana, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, USA, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, or elsewhere; we share your love for this special delight!
We hope you will explore this delicacy along with us here, regardless what you call them: nguba, earthnuts, groundnuts, lum fah sang, goober peas, cacahuates, pindas, jack nuts, pinders, manila nuts, mani, monkey nuts, cacahuète, amendoim, ynchic, earth almond, nilagang mani, eina-gang mani, kadlekai, kadalekaye, manilakottai, ngem fah sang, kacang rebus, 水煮花生, or 蒸花生.
- Learn where peanuts originated, and how they spread throughout the world.
- Read how George Washington Carver enhanced the market for peanut growers by inventing hundreds of products made from the groundnut.
- Try exotic spices, and flavors that are added to boiled peanuts around the world.
- Understand the important differences between green, and dried peanuts.
- See how the peanut flowers above ground, yet grows the fruit underground.
- Is the peanut the only subterranean legume?
- What is the connection between peanuts, and Henry Ford's automobiles?
- What are the differences between the 4 major peanut varieties - Virginia, Spanish, Valencia, Runners?
- What's the correct amount of salt to use when boiling peanuts?
- How long should peanuts boil?
- What country grows the most peanuts in the world?
- Why isn't the peanut a true nut?
- Boiled Peanuts Blog - Boiled Peanut World
- Keep up to date with the latest boiled peanut news, and updates at Boiled Peanut World. Subscribe to the boiling blog feed to get your fill of Boiled Peanuts!
- Peanut Festivals - National, State and Regional Peanut Fun
- Find peanut festivals in your country, state, or region and celebrate harvest time. Groundnut festivals, fairs, and parades are loved by all ages: music, rides, carnivals, animals, great food and fun!
- How to Make Boiled Peanuts - Traditional recipe - Boiled Peanut World
- Centuries old recipe tells how to make boiled peanuts
- How to Boil Peanuts - The Secret - Boiled Peanut World
- How to boil peanuts - The secrets of boiling peanuts for best texture and taste.
- Cajun Boiled Peanuts Recipe - Boiled Peanut World
- Cajun boiled peanuts recipe spice blend adds a kick to goober peas
- Boiled Peanuts Recipe - Advice from the Experts - Boiled Peanut World
- Tasty and easy boiled peanuts recipe and expert tips - Boiled Peanut World
- National Peanut Festival Dothan Alabama - Boiled Peanut World
- Celebrating peanuts in Dothan since 1938. The 70th National Peanut Festival is November 1st through November 10th, 2013. See vintage National Peanut Festival parade and fair photos, and history.
- Green Peanuts versus Dried Peanuts - Boiled Peanut World
- Raw Peanuts -The difference between green peanuts and dried peanuts
- Peanut Vendor - Peanut Stands - Boiled Peanut World
- Peanut vendors provides us with a tasty snack at sports events, festivals, train stations, markets and roadside stands
- Peanut Plant - How does the groundnut grow?
- See how a peanut seed germinates, grows, flowers, and creates groundnuts.
- Boll Weevil - Strangley Celebrated Pest - Boiled Peanut World
- The boll weevil devastated the American cotton crop. Why is this bug honored in monument and song? "Mississippi Bo Weavil Blues."monument photos, and how this pest encouraged USA peanut farming.
- George Washington Carver Inventions - Food, Paints, and Plastics from Plants
- Bountiful Diversity - George Washington Carver inventions, and discoveries have enriched our quality of life for more than 100 years. Vintage film of Carver with Henry Ford. Rare Carver audio.
- Peanut Farm - How are Peanuts Grown and Harvested? - Boiled Peanut World
- Peanut Farm - Peanuts are planted and harvested around the world - Explore global groundnut farming information, and videos.
- When to Harvest Peanuts? What's the Best Time for Optimal Yield?
- Deciding when to harvest peanuts is one of the greater challanges of peanut growers. The peanut profile chart and calculating growing degree days are tools used by growers for optimal harvest.
- World Peanut Production -Boiled Peanut World
- Who are the leaders in world peanut production for crop size and yield per hectare?
- Peanut Biodiesel - Alternative to Petroleum -Boiled Peanut World
- Peanut biodiesel - An alternative to fossil fuel for diesel engines in trucks, busses, cars, and trains. Peanuts are a powerful source of biofuel with 50% oil by weight.
- Eating Boiled Peanuts - Boiled Peanut World
- Eating boiled peanuts - goodness how delicious and fun!
- Peanut Plant - History, Origin, and How Peanuts Became the World's Food
- The birthplace of peanuts - When and where did peanut agriculture begin? When and how did the peanut plant spread throughout the world?